Friday, June 4, 2010

"Get on the wagon and off of them damn cigarettes...but they ain't killed me yet..."

The sky is dark and foreboding...I hope it rains soon, the air is cool and the trees are stagnant. I just want the rain. I love the rain.

I went to the gym with Amanda K. last night, she signed up for a membership so now I have a replacement gym buddy since...well we know how things are with me and Leeann... It'll be fun. I don't think we can go together as much as she hopes we can, our schedules and responsibilities don't intersect that much, I normally stay pretty much in Pinellas and she's in Hillsborough.

I talked to Mike quite a few times yesterday, he was in a good mood, although not feeling well. He called me at one point yesterday afternoon and it was the best phone I've gotten from anyone, hands down. He said "Hey, I just wanted to let you know I appreciate you. I don't want you to think I don't appreciate you and I know a lot of the times my internal shit gets in the way of the stuff that we're doing together, but I do appreciate you. You're a sweet and interesting person and I enjoy spending time with you." That was just the sweetest thing, I've never had someone call me just to tell me they appreciated me.

I'm excited, I'm going to Dubliners tonight with Tonia, Johnny, Kerri and Amy and then a few more of their friends are meeting us there I think, but none-the-less, I'm excited. I haven't seen Tonia and Johnny in a good minute and I always love love love them. I'm going to the Storm game tomorrow night with Amanda and Ben. Joy. I love Ben as Amanda's fiance. He treats her really well and they love each other. As a person, I'm not Ben's biggest fan...I don't know...I think had he never started seeing Amanda, I would never speak to him. We just have limited things in common. And we talk and joke for the sake of Amanda but I have a sneaking suspicion he feels similarly about me.

I wanted to make time to go to the gym today and I was up at 4am this morning but I couldn't will myself to stay awake long enough to get my things together and get ready to go. I'm gonna watch myself tonight and make sure I don't drink too too much. I've been drunk way too much as of late and I'd like to curb that if I could. Drinking with Mike and John two nights ago, I only had one beer, which is a miracle considering who I was with. There is rarely a time I drink with either one of them that doesn't end in me on the floor and being retarded.

The clouds are inching their way towards the window and I can't wait for them to burst open...The radar doesn't make me too extraordinarily hopeful but the sky says otherwise. The trees are starting to sway a little bit....Please let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment