Thursday, May 13, 2010

"He's the song in the car I keep singing..."

Days like today aren't worth being trapped indoors. I can see the spanish moss on the trees outside the window moving ever so slightly in the summer breeze. I think I'm overdue for a trip to Hillsborough River State Park. It's my favorite place in the world to go when things are overwhelming or I just need a day to clear my head. I want to see if M will go with me, but I doubt he will. Maybe it'll serve me right to have a day just by myself.

Had appetizers and drinks with Meg and Jess last night, my two closest friends from the eighth grade, one of whom I haven't seen in seven years. That was extremely fun. It's funny how comfortable you can be around old friends despite the fact that we've all changed drastically over the past years. We laughed about all the old, stupid things we used to do to scare our classmates...we were the outcasts at a small private Catholic school and we definitely capitalized on that when we were kids.

After that was through I got to see M and put all fears (the newly developed ones anyway) out of my head. It's funny, when one of us cooks, it comes out anywhere from adequate to great. When we order out, more often than not, we're disappointed at the end of the meal...last night was one of those nights...a crappy tasting gyro on his end, a soggy greek salad on mine. We made due of course but it still makes you think...maybe next time I see him I'll cook. It's weird transitioning from living together to just hanging out once a week. I still find myself saying "We need soda" or "We need soap" or "We need to do laundry" but in truth, "WE" don't need to do anything...he needs soap and soda and to do laundry, he is living in his house alone now...if we get our issues straightened out, I see no reason why we can't try again, but we both have to get things handled first.

Things at work are taking a dive, not on my end, but as a whole. We have issues upon issues, situation upon situation that needs resolving. We have new employees coming in, old employees moving on, customers, everything is just hectic right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment