Friday, May 21, 2010

"I wanna it swing, I wanna feel it sway..."

Working out everyday really does improve one's quality of life. I feel so much better about everything now a days. Even though I woke up sore and tired as hell today, I am still in a good mood, I am still looking forward to my work out this afternoon after work and looking forward to working out the day after that and so on and so forth.

Yesterday afterwork I went to the gym and then hung out with M. and his best friend...we had a damn good night til his friend's girlfriend showed up and dragged his best friend home. I don't get some girls, and M. and I spent the better part of last night's drive home as well as about 45 minutes just now talking about it over the phone. This girl thinks that she owns him...how do you "own" another person?? Her and I are gym buddies and so we talk a good bit, she constantly says things like "He's not a free man" and "He can't do whatever he wants"...sweetheart, it is our God-given right as American's to do whatever we want and whether he's with you or not, he will. She doesn't like him and M. to hang out because she thinks M. is a bad influence when in actuality, probably the ONLY reason they're still a couple this morning is because M. told him to stand down last night when he was starting to get mouthy, he told him that they'd just hang out today. We left M's car at their place because M. had been drinking so I drove us home and when M. was trying to breifly set it up so that his friend could take him to get his car, his friend's girlfriend is like "you don't have plans tomorrow...you DON'T have plans tomorrow, you have stuff to do..." I mean I enjoy this girls company and the four of us have hung out on more than one occasion...at first, things were hunky dory for lack of a better description, we all hung out and enjoyed ourselves but she's way too comfortable embarrassing him and trying to pull rank in front of his friends. In her defense, M. and this guy have been friends since they were about 11 or 12 and I've been around enough that they're comfortable around the two of us, but still, it's disrespect...blatant disrespect. M. and I talked a lot about it last night and how he's glad I'm not "bat-shit crazy" like this girl is. This girl seriously drove up, sat in her car for no less than three minutes than got out and stood there until his friend went over. She lit him up in front of me and M...it's just serious disrespect. How can you have a relationship without respecting someone? It's not plausible and it's not realistic.

We were having a damn good time though. I did a beer and pizza run for the guys since they were drinking already, hung out and a drank a beer, at a slice of pizza and bullshitted. It was the first time since I've met his friend that I've really seen him break out of his shell and actually have FUN! They were cracking jokes about the three of us and questionable activities *cough cough* and being very talkative and just having honest, harmless fun. She pulled up as her boyfriend was giving me a lap dance, we laughed our asses off. She didn't see it, Thank God, but we were all scared she did and M. laughed so hard he spit his beer out...it was the hardest I've ever seen his friend laugh and damn close to the hardest time I've ever seen M. laugh.

M. really impressed/surprised me last night with some of the things he said to me...I think last weekend woke him up and I'm glad, I'm so glad that I'm not wrong about him. Our conversations no longer include the word "if"...as in "If we start dating..." it's now a "when". "When we start dating..." He told me he doesn't give me enough credit and he does appreciate me. He said Thank You several times last night and called me about an hour ago just to Thank me again. Little shit like that speaks volumes! He's giving me a lot more credit, praise, affection, etc. We were actually able to sleep fairly well last night for the first time in about a week and there's a chance I may see him again tonight. I think a big part of the change between us is on my part as much as his. I'm not crowding him anymore...tonight for example, he mentioned something about drinking. I told him I'd be in Tampa but if he needed me, call me and I'd come get him. And he said he'd probably take me up on that. The way that's different than before is I'd normally hang around Largo, even if I had no money or any plans, I'd hang out and wait for the possibility of him calling me and that was stifling. He's beginning to trust me more and more now, which is a huge step for him because he's very wary of females considering the way he's been screwed over in the past. I know have free reign of his debit card when I need to run an errand at his benefit, last night's a good example. And he's more comfortable with my presence in front of other people, especially since he knows I've been busting my ass lately and that I'm only going to get better looking. Him and his friend apparently had a conversation about how M. is going to have "one hell of a girlfriend" and his friend, while we were eating, made a comment about how I was "smart and funny and sweet and fun to be around and SWEET" lol. It was funny. His friend does like me, which is good. It means a lot to M. to have one of his friends approval especially one of this particular friend's caliber. I was told last night that I "outrank" his friend's girlfriend as far as our little foursome goes. The only thing she has on me, she weighs less, but she carries it a lot more unattractively than I do for lack of a better way to describe it. You can tell she's built small, I'm not. There-in lies the difference.

 But the fact that I "outrank" her and was flat out told that I "outrank" her means that M. and I are getting closer and closer to our happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment